Forums GOHARU

Go Back   Forums GOHARU > Forums > General Discussion

Old 04-10-2018, 08:01 AM   #1 
jokergreen0220

Info
PHOENIX -- Matt Barnes knows shooting nights like this are rare moments to be savored

PHOENIX -- Matt Barnes knows shooting nights like this are rare moments to be savored. Chris Mullin Jersey . The 11-year NBA veteran scored 18 of his 28 points in the third quarter and the Los Angeles Clippers beat the Phoenix Suns 104-96 Tuesday to match their season best of five victories in a row. Barnes made 12 of his first 13 shots and scored 16 points in the first 5:09 of the third quarter. "I felt like I got good looks every time," he said. "I found a little bit of space and was able to get the shot up. Every time it left my hands it felt good. One of those nights." Blake Griffin added 22 points and Darren Collison had 18 for Los Angeles. DeAndre Jordan had 10 points and 17 rebounds and blocked Goran Dragics layup try with the Suns still in it with 41 seconds to go. P.J. Tucker scored 18 and Gerald Green 17 on 6-of-19 shooting for the Suns, who played without centre Miles Plumlee (right knee sprain). They also lost guard Leandro Barbosa to a broken left hand in the first half. Suns coach Jeff Hornacek said Barbosa would be out four to six weeks. After Jordans block, his two free throws sealed it at 101-94 with 39.5 seconds left. Phoenix led by as many as 12 in the third quarter and trailed by as many as 15 in the fourth before cutting it to three late. Trailing 61-49, Los Angeles outscored the Suns 32-10 to take an 81-71 lead on Barnes layup after a Clippers offensive rebound with 38.9 seconds to go in the third quarter. Markieff Morris scored to cut Los Angeles lead to 81-73 entering the fourth. Barnes shot 7 of 7 for 18 points in the third quarter. Griffin added 12 in the period. The Clippers won despite a 4-for-14 shooting night from Chris Paul. Dragic, his Phoenix counterpart, was 5 for 14. They had nine assists apiece. "It is not going to be Blake and Chris every night," Barnes said. "We have a deep team and you have to be accountable for everybody and we have been showing that lately." Clippers coach Doc Rivers credited his teams second-half defence. "The second quarter was horrendous," he said. "But then I thought our defence, to hold them to 39 points in the second half -- everybody was in the right spots. We were rotating, and we played with intensity." Los Angeles built its biggest lead at 90-75 on Jared Dudleys layup with 8:48 left. Phoenix got back in it with an 11-0 run. Morris scored on a baseline dunk, then followed with a 3-pointer that cut the Clippers lead to 90-86 with 6:31 left. Green was 3 for 16 before making two 3s and bouncing in a 16-footer to cut the lead to 97-94 with 2:37 to go. Griffin made a fadeaway 13-footer with 2:09 left. "The third quarter, they were more physical, especially on defence," Dragic said. "We were catching the ball way out and we didnt get open shots. They just played hard defence, like we should do." Early on, Phoenix dominated. The Suns outscored the Clippers 16-2 over the final 3 1/2 minutes of the first quarter and the opening 1:45 of the second to lead 30-24 after newcomer Shavlik Randolph made one of two free throws with 10:15 left in the half. Dragic got his offence in gear in the final 1:19 of the half. He sank a 3-pointer, stole Barnes pass for a layup, then fed Alex Len for a layup as Phoenix used a 9-2 run to lead 55-44 at the break. NOTES: Barbosa was hurt taking a charge late in the first quarter but stayed in the game another 6 minutes. ... Phoenix is a half-game ahead of Memphis for the No. 8 playoff spot in the West. ... The Clippers were without Jamal Crawford (strained left calf) for the second game in a row. ... Len, a first-round draft pick, got his first start in place of Plumlee and struggled with six points and six rebounds in 19 minutes. ... Plumlee injured his knee in practice last week and had been trying to play through it. ... Suns G Eric Bledsoe, coming back from knee surgery, participated in a full scrimmage Monday. ... Bledsoe was hurt in the Suns 107-88 win over the Clippers in Los Angeles on Dec. 30, the only other time the teams have met this season. Kevon Looney Jersey . Dwyane Wade took over in the fourth quarter. Nate Thurmond Jersey . Western and the second-ranked Laval Rouge et Or (7-0) once again received 20 and 10 first-place votes from the Football Reporters of Canada panel, respectively. Rounding out the Top 10 are the Calgary Dinos (7-0), Queens Gaels (7-1), Guelph Gryphons (7-1), Montreal Carabins (5-2), Bishops Gaiters (5-2), McMaster Marauders (5-3), Manitoba Bisons (4-3) and the Saskatchewan Huskies (4-3) Western crushed York 50-10 last Saturday in its league finale to secure first place in the OUA standings and a bye in the first round of the conference playoffs. http://www.nbawarriorsauthority.com/...s-jersey-c-27/ . -- David Price didnt think he would be in Port Charlotte this spring.TORONTO - Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista spent part of the off-season in Mexico, went to the Dominican Republic for the New Years holiday and was home in Tampa for the last two weeks to begin training for the 2015 season.He kept the shorts and sunscreen at home for his latest trip, a venture north to his summer stomping grounds for the Blue Jays annual Winter Tour.It was a different look for Bautista on Friday as he sported a thick, hooded winter jacket during a media availability at Rogers Centre. The different look of the team he anchors was one of the main topics of conversation.Were not that far away, Bautista said. We were very close last season. At the (trade) deadline, two games out of first place. Youre talking about minimal changes that can have a great effect and weve had some great moves so far already that can make us better. I truly feel like we have a contender.I felt that way two years ago, last year and again this year. I feel like we have a better roster now than we did a few years ago.After a disappointing third-place finish in the American League East last season, Blue Jays general manager Alex Anthopoulos quickly went to work. Canadian catcher Russell Martin was signed to a lucrative long-term deal and third baseman Josh Donaldson, pitcher Marco Estrada and Canadian outfielder Michael Saunders were acquired via trade. Pitcher J.A. Happ and infielders Adam Lind and Canadian Brett Lawrie were shipped out.There is more work to be done. The bullpen needs to be shored up and the team could use an upgrade at second base.But the upgrades have been significant. Martin gives the team a big defensive boost behind the plate and Donaldson is considered one of the best third basemen in the major leagues.The way I hope that they impact the team is by doing what theyve done in the past with other clubs and doing it here, Bautista said. Just by doing that, it will be a huge influence I believe on wins and losses at the end of the season.Toronto played a solid first half last season but faded after the all-star break, winding up with a mediocre 83-79 record. Bautista again posted big numbers with 35 homers and 103 RBIs but the team was essentially out of the plaayoff hunt in early September. Stephen Curry Jersey. There are some exciting young players on the roster but the teams core is built to win now.Bautista, for one, is 34 and entering the last guaranteed year of his contract. However, those factors — along with the teams long post-season drought — are not something that affects his preparation.Theres no urgency on my end in any aspect, Bautista said. The thing that Im focused on is figuring out how to help to win more games and winning more games and making it to the playoffs. Because we have such a good core and such a good team, I dont feel any sense of urgency.Joining Bautista for the Winter Tour kickoff were Canadian outfielder Dalton Pompey and pitchers R.A. Dickey, Todd Redmond and Aaron Loup. Other players are tabbed to participate in events next week in Calgary, Banff and Vancouver.Dickey, the 40-year-old knuckleballer, also felt that the off-season moves will help the team.Its nice to look on paper and see some names there throughout the lineup that you know are going to be special players, he said. Its comforting is what it is. Im trying to hold back my expectation until we get rolling but its nice to see those names for sure.Martin has expressed an interest in learning how to catch Dickeys knuckleball, a floating, tricky pitch thats difficult for all backstops to handle. Dickey has primarily worked with Josh Thole but hes looking forward to developing a rapport with Martin as well.Ive thrown 75 or 80 per cent of my starts since 2010 to Josh Thole and I love him like a brother, Dickey said. But to have a guy who can step in there and do it as well is a nice commodity.Also Friday, the Blue Jays avoided arbitration with Estrada and Saunders by agreeing to terms on one-year contracts. Estradas deal is worth US$3.9 million while Saunders will earn $2.875 million.Toronto also signed infielder Munenori Kawasaki to a minor-league contract with an invite to spring training and outrighted right-hander Cory Burns to triple-A Buffalo.Pitchers and catchers will begin working out at spring training on Feb. 23. The Blue Jays will kick off the regular season April 6 at New York.———Follow @GregoryStrongCP on Twitter. Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap ' ' '

Go Back   Forums GOHARU > Forums > General Discussion