Forums GOHARU

Go Back   Forums GOHARU > Forums > General Discussion

Old 05-11-2018, 06:20 AM   #1 
jokergreen0220

Info
DENVER -- The Arizona Diamondbacks finally gave Paul Goldschmidt a night off, and rec

DENVER -- The Arizona Diamondbacks finally gave Paul Goldschmidt a night off, and recent call-up Nick Evans filled in quite nicely for the first baseman. Harrison Butker Jersey . Evans and Chris Owings hit back-to-back homers, rookie Chase Anderson won his fourth straight start and the Diamondbacks beat the slumping Colorado Rockies 4-2 on Tuesday. The solo shot by Evans in the fourth was his first homer since Sept. 3, 2011, when he was with the New York Mets. He wasnt sure if a moment like this would ever arrive again, especially after missing most of 2012 with a broken hand and not having a job last season until the Diamondbacks called a few days before the season -- with only a spot open at Double-A Mobile. The veteran still jumped at the chance. "You start to question," said Evans, who was recalled from Triple-A Reno last week. "Its not easy to get here. ... This is definitely satisfying." Evans was in the lineup because manager Kirk Gibson decided it was a good time to rest Goldschmidt. It was the sluggers first day off of the season after 59 straight games, one shy of the club record of 60 set by Travis Lee in 1998. Maybe another break for Goldschmidt on Wednesday? "Yeah, I wouldnt count on that," Evans said. "If I was a betting man, Id count on him being in there." Anderson (4-0) was hardly intimidated by hitter friendly Coors Field or one of the top lineups in the league. He didnt overpower the Rockies so much as keep them guessing, throwing six effective innings in his longest outing since he was recalled from Reno on May 6. He becomes the fifth rookie since 1998 to win his opening four starts. The right-hander allowed four hits and one run -- a homer by D.J. LeMahieu -- to help the Diamondbacks stop a three-game skid. "I tried to stick with my game plan, pitch off that," Anderson said. "If you try to pitch to the park, sometimes youre not very successful." Jorge De La Rosa (6-4) settled down after a shaky start, giving up three runs in seven innings. The hard-throwing lefty didnt have a strikeout for the first time this season, and his six-game winning streak came to an end. Evans homer came on a fastball, and then four pitches later Owings hit a cutter into the stands. "I didnt have my best stuff," De La Rosa said. "I just kept trying to work my way through and go as far as I can. I think I did a good job." The Rockies opened a 10-game homestand with their fifth straight loss. The best-hitting team in baseball just finished a dismal road swing in which it went 2-7 and averaged less than three runs a game. If this bad stretch wasnt bad enough, the Rockies could be losing one of their top players. Outfielder Carlos Gonzalez was removed in the sixth after irritating his left index finger. He just might be headed for the disabled list in order to give a finger thats nagged him most of the season a chance to heal. "Were at a point where weve got to make a decision on this and see whats best for him and whats best for our club," manager Walt Weiss said. Colorado struggled against Anderson, who mixed a fastball that barely crept into the 90s with a sharp curve and a splendid changeup. Anderson also benefited from an overturned call at the plate in the second that kept the game scoreless. Wilin Rosario was ruled safe by umpire Jerry Layne after sliding past the tag of catcher Miguel Montero. As Montero protested, Gibson trotted out of the dugout to challenge the play. The call was reversed when replays showed Montero tagged Rosario on the back before touching home. "That was awesome," Anderson said. "I saw that Miggy did tag him, but I wasnt sure if it was in time. Luckily, it was in time." NOTES: Arizona recalled INF Didi Gregorius from Triple-A Reno and placed INF Cliff Pennington (sprained left thumb) on the disabled list. Gibson said Pennington will undergo surgery. ... It was the third time this season the Diamondbacks have hit back-to-back homers. ... Owings also added an RBI double and finished a single shy of the cycle. ... The umpires used replay to check the count in the fourth. Ed Dickson Jersey . -- The Denver Broncos are shuffling their offensive line this off-season and Orlando Franklin provided some insight into their plans Monday by tweeting that hes moving from right tackle to left guard. Greg Olsen Jersey . The D-Backs came into being in 1998 and appear destined to finish second in the AL West after the Tsunami that is the Los Angeles Dodgers swept over them. I thought it might be interesting to see what the D-backs have done over their 16 years compared to what the Blue Jays have done over their past 16 campaigns. http://www.nflpanthersgearofficial.c...-short-jersey/ . In a pregame tribute commemorating his final contest at Coors Field on Wednesday night, Helton caught the ceremonial first pitch from his daughter with his wife, younger daughter and good friend Peyton Manning watching from the field.COLUMBIA, S.C. -- Injured All-American Jadeveon Clowney is working hard so he can play against Arkansas on Saturday, South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier said on Tuesday. Spurrier said hell know later in the week if Clowney has recovered enough from a strained muscle near his ribcage to get back on the field. Since the 6-foot-6, 274-pound defensive end said shortly before kickoff last Saturday against Kentucky that he was in too much pain to play, there have been questions about whether the potential No. 1 pick in next years NFL draft was shutting it down for the season. Spurrier doesnt believe Clowney is done but didnt rule out the possibility. "Let me say this about Jadeveon, if he never plays another snap, we all should be thankful and appreciative that he came to South Carolina," Spurrier said. "Weve won 26 games, two 11-2 years, the greatest seasons weve had in 120 years. "So none of us need to be upset at Jadeveon. None of us." Spurrier certainly sounded upset Saturday night, saying that if the defensive end didnt want to play for the Gamecocks, he didnt have to and the program would "move on." The coach said since then, he has spoken with Clowney and is confident the junior is committed to finishing the season on the field. "Im all for Jadeveon and his future," Spurier said. " When he is ready to play were going to put him out there. He has been coming to treatment, I think, twice a day and told me he is doing everything he can to try to get ready to play." The eighth-year coach said he was more upset Saturday with how he learned of Clowneys status. Spurrier said he was more frustrated that proper protocol wasnt followed and that word of Clowneys absence in the 35-28 win over Kentucky didnt come from trainers or team doctors. Instead, Spurrier learned about it when he saw Clowney without pads on prior to kickoff. "Obviously, we all handled it poorly. All of us did," Spurrier said. Clowney is expected to talk with the media later Tuesday. It has not been the season expected out of the SECs reigning defensive player of the year. He has just two sacks and 12 tackles. Thomas Davis Jersey. After setting a school mark of 23 1/2 tackles for loss last season, Clowneys got just three stops behind the line of scrimmage this year. Clowney was one of the most talked about player in college football after finishing last season with his helmet-popping hit on Michigans Vincent Smith in the Outback Bowl. Some analysts projected that Clowney would have been the top pick in last years NFL draft as a sophomore, prompting talk he should sit out this year instead of risking on field injury. Clowney eventually purchased $5 million worth of NCAA-allowed insurance. Clowney spent a summer in the spotlight. "The Hit" won the ESPY Award for best play while Clowney met with LeBron James and other celebrities. Spurrier cut off access to Clowney once fall camp began, but the issues continued. When the season began, Clowney looked winded and was bothered by the flu in the opener against North Carolina. He needed IV fluids the day before the Gamecocks played UCF because of illness. Hes been bothered by a flare-up of bone spurs in his right foot and now has the muscle strain that kept him from a practice last Thursday and again on Monday. Clowneys also been frustrated that South Carolinas defence is not playing as well as it had his first two seasons. He said after a 41-30 loss at Georgia that coaches should move him around more, then said the guys on defence had to improve after giving up most of an 18-point lead in a 28-25 win at UCF. Arkansas coach Bart Bielema hopes Clowneys ready to go for his offence. "As is the case any time that youre in this type of situation, Im sure hes going to play, Bielema said. "I think its competitive nature. Its kind of like when we were getting ready to play A&M. At the beginning of this season, people were taking about him (Manziel) being suspended or not." Gamecocks quarterback Connor Shaw said Clowneys situation has not created a problem in the locker room. "All I know is Clowneys helped us win a lot of games," he said. "Its more of a big deal to everyone else instead of us." Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

Go Back   Forums GOHARU > Forums > General Discussion